Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
MIGRANT WOMEN IN THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN: INTEGRATION STRATEGIES AND PRACTICES
Corresponding Author(s) : Elena Valeryevna Frolova
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Purpose: The relevance of the studied problem is due to the need for a comprehensive study of the adaptation of migrants to a foreign cultural environment in the regions of the Russian Federation. The aim of the article is to analyze the strategies and practices of the integration of migrant women in the Republic of Tatarstan for 2017-2018.
Methodology: The leading approach to the study of this problem is the polyparadigmatic methodology. The article describes the economic status of migrant women, their linguistic competences and the level of language proficiency in the host population languages and religious practices.
Result: It is concluded that migrant women have a fairly high level of intra-group cohesion and dependence on family and kinship ties. This, combined with a fixed low level of proficiency in the host population languages, makes it difficult for migrant women to integrate into the host community. The materials of the article can be useful for ethnologists, social and cultural anthropologists, political scientists, as well as representatives of bodies and structures responsible for interethnic interaction.
Applications: This research can be used for universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, the model of Migrant Women in the Republic of Tatarstan: integration strategies and practices are presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Tatyana Alekseevna Titova, Elena Valeryevna Frolova, Elena Gennadievna Gushchina, Kadyrova Alina Andreevna, CONFESSIONAL GROUPS IN THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN: IDENTITY AND FEATURES OF ITS DESIGN , Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews: Vol. 7 No. 5 (2019): September
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Abdulatipov, R. G. (2004). Ethnopolitology. St. Petersburg.: Peter.
- Ameen, A. M., Ahmed, M. F., & Hafez, M. A. A. (2018). The Impact of Management Accounting and How It Can Be Implemented into the Organizational Culture. Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 2(1), 02.
- Antúnez, J. V. V. (2016). Ciencia y Tecnología para la libertad. Opción, 32(79), 7-9. https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/91582
- Araújo, C., Henriques, P. R., & Martini, R. G. (2018). Virtual Learning Spaces Creation Based on the Systematic Population of an Ontology. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 3(1), 07. https://doi.org/10.20897/jisem.201807
- Barth, F. (1989). The analysis of culture in complex societies. Ethnos, 54(3-4), 120-142. https://doi.org/10.1080/00141844.1989.9981389
- Drobizheva, L. M. (2009). Rossiiskaya identichnost’v Moskve i regionakh [Russian Identity in Moscow and the Regions].
- Drobizheva, L. M. (2016). Positive interethnic relations and prevention of intolerance: experience of Tatarstan in the all-Russian context. M.; SPb. : Nestor-History.
- Eisvandi, M., Gorji, Y., & Niknejadi, F. (2015). Effectiveness of Emotional Intelligence on Increasing the Psychological Dimension of Quality of Life of Mothers of Educable Mentally Retarded Children in Esfahan in. UCT Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 3(1), 29-31.
- Parrot, M. A. S., & Leong, K. E. (2018). Impact of Using Graphing Calculator in Problem Solving. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 13(3), 139-148. https://doi.org/10.12973/iejme/2704
- Singh, A., & Singha, N. (2016). ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF NUCLEAR POWER: LAW AND POLICY MEASURES IN INDIA. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 4(2), 88-95. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2016.424
- Titova, T.A., A.N. Sabirova, A.N., Frolova, E.V. (2016). Collective Social and Cultural Distance in the Sphere of Interethnic Relations in the Republic of Tatarstan. The Turkish Online Journal of Design, Art and Communication, 6, 2817-2822.
- Titova, T., Frolova, E., & Yakovlev, V. (2015). Migrants Community in the Republic of Tatarstan: The Strategies of Adaptation and Relations with the Host Population. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 6(6 S5), 280. https://doi.org/10.5901/mjss.2015.v6n6s5p280
- Titova, T. A., Kozlov, V. E., & Frolova, E. V. (2015). Ethnic Cultural and Religious Practices of Migrant Women in the Republic of Tatarstan. Journal of Sustainable Development, 8(4), 177. https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n4p177
- Titova, T. A., & Frolova, E. V. (2015). Linguocultural Attitudes of the Female Migrants in the Republic of Tatarstan. The Social Sciences, 10(6), 1245-1249.
- Titova, T., Kozlov, V., Gushchina, E., & Vyatchina, M. (2015). Young Representatives of Ethnic Communities: Sociocultural Strategies and Practices. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 6(3 S2), 287. https://doi.org/10.5901/mjss.2015.v6n3s2p287
- Titova, T., Frolova, E., & Stolyarova, G. (2015). The Identity and Socio-cultural Processes in the Migrant Communities of Tatarstan. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 6(6 S5), 269. https://doi.org/10.5901/mjss.2015.v6n6s5p269
- Rex, J., & Singh, G. (2003). Multiculturalism and political integration in modern nation-states: thematic introduction. International Journal on Multicultural Societies, 5(1), 3-19.
- TITOVA, T., FROLOVA, E., GUSHCHINA, E., & BLAGOVESHCHENSKAYA, A. (2019). CONFESSIONAL GROUPS IN THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN: IDENTITY AND FEATURES OF ITS DESIGN. Codrul Cosminului, 25(1). https://doi.org/10.4316/CC.2019.01.005
- Guschina, E. G., Titova, T. A., & Frolova, E. V. (2016). The Host Population and the Migrants in Modern Tatarstan: Social Roles and Intergroup Distance. Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, 20, 166.
- Mukhametzyanova, F. S., & Tregubova, T. M. (2016). Challenges to teachers’ education in the context of globalization and integration: experience of multicultural Tatarstan Republic. In European proceedings of social & behavioral sciences. EpSBS.-IFTE 2016: 2nd International Forum on Teacher Education (19-21 May 2016, Kazan Federal University, Russia) (No. 3, p. 143).
- McKinney, S. J., Zannoni, F., & Sakaev, V. (2017). Problemy integratsii religioznykh men'shinstv: keysy Evropeyskogo Soyuza i Rossiyskoy Federatsii= The challenges of the integration of religious minorities: case studies in the EU and Russian Federation. Religiovedcheskie Issledovaniya= Researches in Religious Studies, 2(16), 72-107.