Main Article Content
Patents, accounts payable, collateral, loan, intellectual property, credit
Purpose: Community needs for capital are obtained in various ways, one way is to make a debt agreement with financial institutions. This method is one way that is quite simple to obtain funds to support business activities. This debt agreement is usually carried out with a guarantee that the guarantee is a complement to provide assurance for financial institutions, in this case, the bank can obtain a loan refund in the event of an interpretation. One of the things that can be used as collateral is a patent. With the issuance of the latest law the patent is one way to obtain a loan from the bank.
Methodology: This research study gathered theoretical data about loan granting under fiduciary security of patent.
Main Findings: The development of the global community has caused development in security of loan application in banking internationally, one of them is security by using Patent. In Article 108 paragraph (1) of Patent Law, it is stated that right on Patent can be used as fiduciary security. The existing regulation indicates that the State supports economic development through granting of loan to Patent holders in order to develop their invention. A Patent Holder shall have an exclusive right to use the Intellectual Property Right by his/herself by using it as security.
Implications/Applications: The findings of this study are helpful for the individuals in understanding the aspect of patents and exclusive rights held by the owner in order to secure Intellectual Property.
2. Ambikai., & Ishan, Z. (2016). Comparative analysis of law on tort of deviant behaviors in Malaysia and India. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2(4), 243-249. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-2.4.5
3. Bahsan, M. (2007). Hukum Jaminan Dan Jaminan Kredit Perbankan Indonesia. Jakarta, Indonesia: Pt. Raja Grafindo Persada.
4. Barkatullah, A. H. (2017). Implementation of limited liability principles and doctrine of piercing the corporate veil in management of local liability companies. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(6), 348-357. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0602
5. Boniface, A. E. (2016). Animals: ‘Objects’ or ‘sentient beings’? A comparative perspective of the South African law. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 2(3), 143-155. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-2.3.3
6. Chaiya, K., Janbanklong, T., & Kerpasit, P. (2016). Factors affecting policy implementation of student loan funds, case study: Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University. International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, 2(5), 118-123. https://doi.org/10.20469/ijbas.2.10001-5
7. Damaryanti, H., Hendrik, and Annurdi. (2017). Remission for the corruptor (Between the human right and the spririt for eradication corruption). Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(6), 358-362
8. Djuhaendah, H. (2011). Lembaga Jaminan Kebendaan Bagi Tanah Dan Benda Lain Yang Melekat Pada Tanah Dalam Konsepsi Penerapan Asas Pemisahan Horisontal. Jakarta, Indonesia: Nuansa Madani.
9. Hermansyah, (2005). Hukum Perbankan Nasional Indonesia. Jakarta, Indonesia: Predanamedia Group.
10. Kasmir, (2008). Bank Dan Lembaga Keuangan Lainnya. Jakarta, Indonesia: PT. Rajagrafindo Persada.
11. Muchtar, M. A. H. N. (2016). Buku Ajar Hukum Kekayaan Intelektual. Bandung, Indonesia: Unpad Press.
12. Purba, C. S., & Yenny A. S. (2017). The urgency of local act draft on corporate social responsibility (CSR) in Way Kanan. Journal of Advances in Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(2), 69-81. https://doi.org/10.20474/jahss-3.2.1
13. Purwanto., and Purba, C. S. (2017). Legal aid compliance for poor local community. Journal of Advanced Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2(6), 363-370. https://doi.org/10.26500/JARSSH-02-2017-0604
14. Rachmadi, U. (2003). Aspek-Aspek Hukum Perbankan Di Indonesia, Cet. II. Jakarta, Indonesia: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
15. Saidin, O. K. (2004). Aspek Hukum Hak Kekayaan Intelektual (Intellectual Property Rights). Jakarta, Indonesia: Raja Grafindo Persada.
16. Satrio, J. (2003). Hukum Jaminan, Hak- Hak Jaminan Kebendaan. Bandung, Indonesia: PT Citra Aditya Bakti.
17. Sofwan, S. S. M. (1987). Beberapa Masalah Pelaksanaan Lembaga Jaminan Khususnya Fidusia Di Dalam Praktek Pelaksanaannya Di Indonesia (Unpublished thesis). Faculty of Law Gajah Mada University, Yogyakarta.
18. Subekti, R, (1997). Jaminan - Jaminan Untuk Pemberian Kredit Menurut Hukum Indonesia. Bandung, Indonesia: PT Citra Aditya Bakti.
19. Sudikno, M. (n.d.). Execution of Mortgage Pbjects, Problems and Obstacles, Issue on Upgrading Civil Law Lectures in Indonesia Yogyakarta (Unpublished thesis). Faculty of Law Gajah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
20. Venantia, H. (2008). Konsep Dasar Pemberian Hak HKI. Gloria Juris Journal, 8(2).