Purpose of the study: We analyze the specifics of modern information wars and their impact on the spiritual sphere of Russian society. The innovative technologies of modern information warfare have a huge destructive potential. These technologies have an impact on the minds of people and may change their value orientations, impose alien cultural systems and destructive ideas forming models of social behavior. All that determines the need to study the main spiritual security threats that faces Russian society and strategies to resist them.
Methodology: The methodological basis of the study is the concept of the information society, which allows understanding the specifics of new information reality. The risk logical approach is methodologically significant for the study of threats associated with the new information reality. All that gives an opportunity to analyze the new social spiritual security threats associated with development and operation of new information technologies. The theory of information warfare is conceptual for the study, as it considers the modern ways and means of information impact on individual and social consciousness. Information warfare is treated as a new type of geopolitical confrontation in the modern world.
Results: The study concludes that in the context of modern geopolitical confrontation, the spiritual sphere of Russian society becomes one of the main objects of destructive information impact, manifested in the devaluation of traditional cultural values, introduction of Western liberal ideas, spread of mass culture and consumerism ideology. Such a destructive information impact leads to atomization of society, to a socio-cultural split on social, intergenerational and ethnocultural grounds. Substitution of the national spiritual and moral tradition with the values of Western mass culture leads not only to destruction of historically developed social behavior models but to reformatting the cultural code of society.
Applications of this study: The results allow us to understand the destructive potential of information impact on spiritual sphere of Russian society and the need to develop an effective strategy to resist information threats that undermine the foundations of Russian statehood. The limiting strategy of information risks should include not only legal measures implemented by the state, but social reflection on the principles of transparency, borders, and mechanisms of its compliance and, above all, the mechanisms of protection from destructive impact of information for the individuals.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The spiritual sphere of Russian society is characterized by extreme instability and lack of ideas, able to integrate it. The society faces a crisis evidenced by such trends as the mutual alienation of society and state, political indifference of citizens; weakening of social solidarity, ethnic tension, underdevelopment of civil society institutions. The main survival condition for the Russian society in new historical realities associated with globalization of the information sphere is restoration of stable spiritual life, preservation of the value-ideological core, formation of ideology shared by the majority of citizens.
- Babayan, Ju.A. (2011). About Various Aspects of Information Warfare. Information war against the Russian Federation: institutionalization of Information Confrontation in the Context of Implementation of the National Security Strategy of the Russian Federation. Materials of the Round Table. Moscow: Nauchnyj jekspert.
- Bąk, T., Kardis, M., Valco, M., Kalimullin, A.M., and Galushkin, A.A (2019). A philosophical-sociological diagnosis of youth subcultures in the context of social changes. XLinguae, 12(2): 163-185. https://doi.org/10.18355/XL.2019.12.02.14
- Beck, W. (2007). Risk Society. On the Way to Another Modern. Moscow: Pablishing.
- Behmanm G. (2010). Modern Society: Risk Society, Information Society, Knowledge Society. Moscow: Logos.
- Davoudi SMM, Fartash K, Venera G. Zakirova, Asiya M. Belyalova, Rashad A. Kurbanov, Anna V. Boiarchuk, Zhanna M. Sizova (2018). Testing the Mediating Role of Open Innovation on the Relationship between Intellectual Property Rights and Organizational Performance: A Case of Science and Technology Park, EURASIA Journal of Mathematics Science and Technology Education, 14(4), 1359-1369. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/97830
- Der Derian, J. (2000). Virtuous War. Virtual Theory. International Affairs, 4(76): 253-265. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-2346.00164
- Fartash K., Davoudi, S.M.M., Tatiana A. Baklashova, Natalia V. Svechnikova 4, Yulia V. Nikolaeva, Svetlana A. Grimalskaya (2018). The Impact of Technology Acquisition & Exploitation on Organizational Innovation and Organizational Performance in Knowledge-Intensive Organizations, EURASIA Journal of Mathematics Science and Technology Education, 14(4), 1497-1507. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/84835
- Galushkin, A.A. (2018). Use of Information and Communications Technology to Foster the Competitiveness of the Entrepreneurial Organizations within the Education and Science Sector. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 7(3.14): 323-326. https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i3.14.16913
- Hadjarov, M.H. (2015). Global Socio-cultural Processes and Spiritual Security of Russia. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 3(178): 353-369.
- Kihtan, V.V., and Kachmazova, Z.N. (2018). Information Warfare: Concept, Content and the Main Forms. Vestnik Volzhskogo universiteta imeni V. N. Tatishheva, 2: 89-94.
- Kvon, G.M., Faleeva, L.V., Pyrkova, G.K., Alyakina, D.P., Mustafina, A.A., Kryukova, N.I., and Blekus, V.V. (2017). Strategic priorities of regional investment activity. Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 12(7): 1099-1106. https://doi.org/10.12973/ejac.2017.00235a
- Kvon, G.M., Vaks, V.B., Kalimullin, A.M., Bayanova, A.R., Shaidullina, A.R., Dolzhikova, A.V., and Lapidus, N.I. (2019). Developing the Informational and Digital Environment of a University: Problem Analysis and Assessment. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 15(10): em1767. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/109503
- Lisichkin, V.A., and Shelepin, L.A. (2000). The Third World (Information and Psychological) War. Moscow: Akademija social'nyh nauk.
- Malkov, S.Ju. (2018). About Risks of Information Society. Informacionnoe obshhestvo, 2: 254-268.
- Mannheim, K. (1991). Ideology and Utopia.Utopia and Utopian Thinking. Moscow: Progress.
- Manoylo, A.V. (2015). Role of Color Revolutions in Modern Hybrid Wars. Nauka i obrazovanie: hozjajstvo i jekonomika; predprinimatel'stvo; pravo i upravlenie, 8(63): 221-237.
- Masalimova, A.R., Mikhaylovsky, M.N., Grinenko, A.V., Smirnova, M.E., Andryushchenko, L.B., Kochkina, M.A., and Kochetkov, I.G. (2019). The Interrelation between Cognitive Styles and Copying Strategies among Student Youth. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 15(4): em1695. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/103565
- Moskalenko, M.R., Tolstykh, O.A., Dorozhkin, E.M., Shcherbin, M.D., and Vlasova, V.K. (2019). Distant Technologies in Teaching Legal Disciplines to Students of Pedagogical Training Programs. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 15(3): em1680. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/103033
- Pashchenko, I.V. (2018). The Ideology of Terrorist Communities on the Internet: the Dissemina-tion Technologies and the Specificity of Countering. Caucasian Science Bridge, 1(2): 102-112.
- Pocheptsov, G.G. (2000). Information Warfares. Moscow: Refl-buk.
- Polikarpova, E.V. (2011). Modern ICT and "Psychokosmos" of a Person. Taganrog: Izd-vo TTI JuFU, 2011.
- Prokofiev, V.F. (2003). Secret of Weapons of Information Warfare: Attack on Subconsciousness. Moscow, SINTEG.
- Sabirova, E.G., Fedorova, T.V., and Sandalova, N.N. (2019). Features and Advantages of Using Websites in Teaching Mathematics (Interactive Educational Platform UCHI.ru). Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 15(5): em1729. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/108367
- Sergeeva, N., Shevchenko, O., Klimenko, T., Shcherbakova, L., and Tikhonovskova, M. (2018). Ethnocultural Education as a Factor of the Spiritual Security of the Russian Polyethnic Society. Journal of History Culture and Art Research, 7(5): 157-167. https://doi.org/10.7596/taksad.v7i5.1908
- Shevchenko, O.M., and Shtofer, L.L. (2015). Xenophobia as an Effective Technology of Modern Information Warfare. Gumanitarij Juga Rossii, 1: 97-106.
- Shevchenko, O.M., and Shtofer, L.L. (2016). National Security and the Role of Identity Models in its Provision. Gumanitarij Juga Rossii, 6: 154-168.
- Shevchenko, O.M., and Tihonovskaya, M.P. (2018). Risks and Threats to Spiritual Security of Modern Russia. Gumanitarnyj Juga Rossii, 7(1): 254-267.
- Shtofer, L.L. (2018). Information Warfare as a Radical Form of Political Struggle. Gumanitarij Juga Rossii, 7(4): 108-113.
- Starostin, A.N. (2018). The Paradigm Shift in Modern Global Studies: Social and Cognitive Determinants. Caucasian Science Bridge, 1(1), 25-34.
- Sulakshin, S.S. (2011). Information Warfare Against the Russian Federation: Institutionalization of Information Warfare in the Context of Implementation of the National Security Strategy of the Russian Federation. Materials of the round table. Moscow: Nauchnyj jekspert.
- Tastan, S.B., & Davoudi, S.M.M. (2015a). An Examination of the Relationship between Leader-Member Exchange and Innovative Work Behavior with the Moderating Role of Trust in Leader: A Study in the Turkish Context. Procedia social and behavioral sciences, Elsevier, 181, 23-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.04.862
- Toffler, A. (2002). The Third Wave. Moscow: AST.
- Vereshchagina, A.V., Samygyn, S.I., and Shevchenko, O.M. (2016). The System of Complex Security of Modern Society and the Main Aspects of National Security of Russia in the Conditions of New Challenges and Threats. Moscow: «Rusajns».
- Vozmitel, A.A. (2008). Actual Theoretical, Methodological and Practical Problems of Spiritual Security. Social'naja politika i sociologija, № 2(38), 114-122.
- Yorov, J.N., Zaitseva, N.A., Larionova, A.A., Povorina, E.V., Chudnovskiy, A.D., Dmitrieva, N.V., and Takhumova, O.V. (2019). Prospects of Preservation of Biological System of Regions due to Development of Ecological Tourism in the Republic of Tajikistan. Ekoloji, 28(107): 85-91.