Main Article Content
compliance, anticorruption program, corruption prevention, public service
Purpose: To explore and to analyze the global experience in anticorruption compliance management and to highlight exceptional importance of the anticorruption compliance system to be implemented in Ukraine for fighting corruption; to determine necessary steps to involve workers to the local anticorruption program; to offer specific recommendations for reforming the existing anticorruption compliance system in Ukraine.
Methodology: The study was conducted with general scientific (formalization, abstraction, analysis, and synthesis) and specific scientific (formal and legal, comparative and legal, and legal forecasting) cognitive methods applied.
Result: Upon thorough investigation of the issue, the author concluded that the anticorruption compliance system should be approved upon discussion with public officials, offered a new form of this discussion to be effective and to function in fighting against corruption offenses in domestic practice, and noticed that compliance management should involve professional standards, powers distribution regulation, and ethics rules determination.
Applications: The study is known to be innovative in Ukraine and the results might be interesting and useful for domestic legislators and public administration subjects at the building of the highly effective anticorruption compliance system.
Novelty/Originality: The study is believed to cast some light on the gaps in this issue which needed to be clarified since previous poor efforts seem still contradictory. The subject of the study is considered in Ukraine for the first time. The results of the study are obtained based on the independent investigation of the current anticorruption program in the public service and might be promising for effective application.
2. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. (2005). Compliance and the compliance function in banks. URL: www.bis.org
3. Brandt, F., and Ncapayi, F. (2016). The meaning of compliance with land and labour legislation: understanding justice through farm workers' experiences in the Eastern Cape. Anthropology Southern Africa, 39(3): 215–231. https://doi.org/10.1080/23323256.2016.1211020
4. Bunakov, O.A., Zaitseva, N.A., Larionova, A.A., Chudnovskiy, A.D., Zhukova, M.A., and Zhukov, V.A. (2015). Research on the evolution of management concepts of sustainable tourism and hospitality development in the regions. Journal of Sustainable Development, 8(6): 39-44. https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n6p39
5. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. (2016). On Approval of the Rules of Ethical Behavior of Civil Servants: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 11.02.2016, No 65. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/65-2016-п
6. Chowdhury, M.Sh. (2017). Compliance With Core International Labor Standards in National Jurisdiction: Evidence from Bangladesh. Labor Law Journal, 68(2): 78–93.
7. Danilin, O., and Pustovalova, E. (2010). Compliance function in modern organization: creation, structuring and evaluation. Vnutrennij kontrol' v kreditnoj organizacii: Metodicheskij zhurnal (Internal control in a credit institution: Methodical journal) No.3. URL: www.int-comp.org.
8. Deragon, B.A. (2018). Top labor law violations: Are you in compliance? URL: https://www.nhbr.com/January-19-2018/Top-labor-law-violations-Are-you-in-compliance/
9. Frenkel, S.J., and Scott, D. (2002). Compliance, collaboration, and codes of labor practice: The adidas connection. California management review, 45(1): 29–49. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166152
10. Hidalgo-Lopezosа, P., Hidalgo-Maestre, M., and Rodríguez-Borrego, M.A. (2017). Birth plan compliance and its relation to maternal and neonatal outcomes. Rev. Latino-Am. Enfermagem, 25: 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1590/1518-8345.2007.2953
11. International Code of Conduct for Public Officials. (1996). URL: https://www.un.org/press/en/199 6/19961 031.gash3372.html
12. Kahn-Nisser, S. (2013). Conditionality, Communication and Compliance: The Effect of Monitoring on Collective Labour Rights in Candidate Countries. JCMS-Journal of common market studies, 51(6): 1040–1056. ttps://doi.org/10.1111/jcms.12065
13. Kolyada, I.V (2016). Concept and essence of compliance control in the national economic science and public discourse. Molodyi vchenyi. Ekonomichni nauky (Young scientist Economic Sciences), 12(40): 791-794.
14. Konovalova, E.M., and Kevorkova, J.A. (2017). Comparative analysis of the Russian and international regulatory systems of the anticorruption compliance system. Molodoj uchjonyj. Ekonomika i upravlenie (Young scientist. Economics and Management), 13(147): 308-312.
15. Leite, M.V.S., Antunes, A.F.F., Cabacinha, C.D., Sales, N.D.P., da Gama, A.T., and Assisi, A.L. (2018). Compliance with Environmental and Social Legislation in Certified Forestry Companies. Floresta e Ambiente, 25(1): 3–11. https://doi.org/10.1590/2179-8087.010015
16. Marlow, S. (2003). Formality and informality in employment relations: the implications for regulatory compliance by smaller firms. Environment and planning C-Government and policy, 21(4): 531-547. https://doi.org/10.1068/c0318
17. Model Code of Conduct for Public Officials. (2018). URL: http://workspace.unpan.org/sites/internet/Docume nts/ UNPAN038306.pdf
18. Musin, T. (2011). Compliance control of a professional participant in the securities market. Rynok cennyh bumag Kazahstana (Kazakhstan securities market), 8: 46–50.
19. National Agency of Ukraine for Civil Service. (2016). On Approval of the General Rules of Ethical Behavior of Civil Servants and Local Self-Government Officials: Order of NACS of 05.08.2016 No. 158. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1203-16
20. National Bank of Ukraine. (2018). Methodological recommendations on the organization of corporate governance in banks of Ukraine: Decision of the National Bank of Ukraine dated 03.12.2018, No. 814-pp. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/vr814500-18
21. Paltsun, I.M. (2013). Compilation-policy as a component of enterprise corporate culture. Torhivlia i rynok Ukrainy (Trade and the Market of Ukraine), 35: 134–141.
22. Pavlovska, V. (2008). Compliance with the Labour Market Requirements as the quality Criteria of Profession and Higher Education. Economic science for rural development: rural and regional development, 15: 166–174.
23. Pravdyva, L. (2011). Improving corporate governance in banks and managing compliance risk. Visnyk NBU (Bulletin of the NBU),7: 10–13.
24. Pyman, A. (2005). Creative compliance in labour relations: ‘Turning the law on its head’. Advances in Industrial and Labor Relations, 14: 67–99. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0742-6186(05)14003-7
25. Suyusanova, O.L. (2015). Legal basis of compliance control in Ukraine. Problemy pravoznavstva ta pravookhoronnoi diialnosti. (Problems of Law and Law Enforcement), 1(52): 64-69.
26. Tanassi, LM (2004) Compliance as strategy: the importance of personalised relations in obstetric practice. Social science & Medicine, 59(10): 2053–2069. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2004.03.009
27. Tastan, S.B., & Davoudi, S.M.M. (2017). The Relationship between Organisational Climate and Organizational Innovativeness: Testing the Moderating Effect of Individual Values of Power and Achievement. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Inderscience Publishers, 12(4): 465-483. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBIR.2017.10003335
28. Tsyuciak, A.L., and Tsyuciak, I.L. (2011). Implementation of Compliance Control System in the National System of Independent Financial Control and Audit. Naukovo-informatsiinyi visnyk. Ekonomika. (Scientific and Information Bulletin. Economy), 3: 200–206.
29. United Nations Convention against Corruption. (2018). URL: https://www.unodc.org/documents/brussels/ UN_Convention_Against_Corruption.pdf
30. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. (2014). On Prevention of Corruption: Law of Ukraine dated October 14, 2014 No. 1700-VII. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy (Information from the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine), 49, art. 2056.
31. Voloshenko, A. (2014). Compliance practice as a preventive method of fighting corruption. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky (Actual problems of the economy), 7(157): 405-413.
32. Weissbrodt, D., and Mason, M. (2014). Compliance of the United States with International Labor Law. URL: http://scholarship.law.umn.edu/faculty_articles/368