Authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content.
NATIONAL SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS OF STUDENTS IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL STUDIES IN THE REPUBLIC OF TATARSTAN BY MEANS OF HUMANITARIAN DISCIPLINES
Corresponding Author(s) : Gulnara F. Dulmukhametova
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 6 (2019): November
Purpose: The article describes the view of the author to the actualization of national consciousness of students by means of humanitarian disciplines. The processes of globalization and integration of Tatarstan Republic into the world space exacerbate the problem of preserving the uniqueness and identity, national cultures in the conditions of cultural diversity.
Methodology: To solve the problems, we used the following research methods: theoretical (study and analysis of philosophical, psychological, ethnological, sociological, pedagogical, cultural, linguistic, methodological and other literature on the research topic); empirical (pedagogical observation, group and individual conversations, oral and written surveys, testing, questioning, pedagogical experiment); mathematical methods (registration of obtained data, method of mathematical processing of experimental research results).
Result: The analysis of the research showed that developed national self-consciousness promotes spiritual development and self-development of the individual. National self-consciousness is the recognition of belonging to a certain national community, along with a positive assessment of representatives of other national cultures, the individual's representation of language, culture, typical features of the community, the common historical past, religion, territory, and statehood.
Applications: This research can be used for the universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, the model of National Self-Consciousness of Students in Higher Educational Studies in the Republic of Tatarstan by Means of Humanitarian Disciplines is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Alexandrova, E. A. (2000). Pedagogical support of schoolchildren. Class teacher, 3, 104 - 113.
- Anderson, B. (2001).Imagined communities. Reflections on the origins and spread of nationalism. M.- "CANON-press-C", "Kuchkovo field" -288 p.
- Arinushkin, N. S. (2004). On the definition and types of identity. The World of Psychology, 2, 48-53.
- Belentsov S.I, Fahrutdinova A.V, Okulich-Kazarin V. (2017). Education of civic consciousness in George Kershenshteyner's creativity. European Journal of Contemporary Education, 6(1), 5-13. https://doi.org/10.13187/ejced.2017.1.5 DOI: https://doi.org/10.13187/ejced.2017.1.5
- Bondarevskaya, E. V. (2000). Theory and practice of personality-oriented education. Bondarevskaya. Rostov-on-Don: From Rostov Pedagogical University, - 352 p.
- Dulmukhametova, G. F., Fakhrutdinova, A. V., Shakirzyanova, R. M. (2017). Organization of student's solitary work during learning foreign languages. Quid-investigacionciencia y tecnologia, 28, 286-291.
- Fakhrutdinova, A., Mefodeva, M., & Makhmutova, M. (2017). The Idea of Citizenship Education in Russian Universities: Modern Approach And Content. Inted2017: 11th International Technology, Education And Development CONFERENCE. P.4637-4642. https://doi.org/10.21125/inted.2017.1091 DOI: https://doi.org/10.21125/inted.2017.1091
- Gali G. F., Fakhrutdinova A. V., Grigorieva L. L. (2017). The teachers' strategies of identifying and development of gifted students in foreign countries. MODERN JOURNAL OF LANGUAGE TEACHING METHODS, 7(9), 266-271. https://doi.org/10.21125/edulearn.2017.0874 DOI: https://doi.org/10.21125/edulearn.2017.0874
- Khovanskaya, E. S., Fakhrutdinova, A. V., & Maklakova, N. V. (2017). University as a social phenomenon. Man in India, 97(9), 101-107.
- ANTÚNEZ, J. V. V., & GANGA, F. (2016). Derechos sociales fundamentales: Consideraciones iusfilosóficas de sus dilemas. Aproximación utópica desde la Bioética Global. Utopía y Praxis Latinoamericana, 21(75), 93-111.
- Fauskanger, J., & Bjuland, R. (2018). Deep Learning as Constructed in Mathematics Teachers’ Written Discourses. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 13(3), 149-160. https://doi.org/10.12973/iejme/2705 DOI: https://doi.org/10.12973/iejme/2705
- Abishov, S., Polyak, D., Seidullaeva, G., & Kermeshova, Z. (2018). Meaning of fiction in formation of studentsidentity. Opción, 34(85-2), 186-204.
- Muyambiri, B., & Chabaefe, N. N. (2018). The Finance–Growth Nexus in Botswana: A Multivariate Causal Linkage. Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 2(2), 03. https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/2634 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/2634
- Peres, P., Moreira, F., & Mesquita, A. (2018). Are Really Technologies at the Fingers of Teachers? Results from a Higher Education Institution in Portugal. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 3(1), 08. https://doi.org/10.20897/jisem.201808 DOI: https://doi.org/10.20897/jisem.201808
- Alexandrova, 2000; Anderson, 2001; Arinushkin, 2004; Belentsov, Fahrutdinova, Okulich-Kazarin, 2017; Bondarevskaya, 2000; Dulmukhametova, Fakhrutdinova, Shakirzyanova, 2017; Fakhrutdinova, Mefodeva & Makhmutova, 2017; Gali, Fakhrutdinova, Grigorieva. 2017; Khovanskaya, Fakhrutdinova, & Maklakova, 2017; ANTÚNEZ, & GANGA, 2016; Fauskanger, & Bjuland, 2018; Abishov, Polyak, Seidullaeva, & Kermeshova, 2018; Muyambiri, & Chabaefe, 2018; Peres, Moreira, & Mesquita, 2018
- Leonard, K. E., & Blane, H. T. (1992). Alcohol and marital aggression in a national sample of young men. Journal of interpersonal violence, 7(1), 19-30. https://doi.org/10.1177/088626092007001002 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/088626092007001002
- McCowan, C. J., & Alston, R. J. (1998). Racial identity, African self‐consciousness, and career decision making in African American college women. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 26(1), 28-38. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-1912.1998.tb00181.x DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-1912.1998.tb00181.x
- Cokley, K. (2002). The impact of college racial composition on African American students' academic self-concept: A replication and extension. Journal of Negro Education, 288-296. https://doi.org/10.2307/3211181 DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/3211181
- Stokes, J. E., Murray, C. B., Peacock, M. J., & Kaiser, R. T. (1994). Assessing the reliability, factor structure, and validity of the African Self-Consciousness Scale in a general population of African Americans. Journal of Black Psychology, 20(1), 62-74. https://doi.org/10.1177/00957984940201006 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/00957984940201006
- Baldwin, J. A., Duncan, J. A., & Bell, Y. R. (1987). Assessment of African self-consciousness among Black students from two college environments. Journal of Black Psychology, 13(2), 27-41. https://doi.org/10.1177/009579848701300201 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/009579848701300201