and English as a second language. In our research, we analyze the works by C. Brown, B. B. Kachru, A. Matsuda, J. Peterson, and others.
Methodology: In our research, the following methods were used: historical and theoretical analysis of the materials of the American pedagogical and socio-political press; statistical bulletins on the quantity of multilingual school-aged children, statistical bulletins on the quantity and quality of educational programs for training teachers of English as a foreign language in the United States; analysis and synthesis of resources used.
Results: The authors hold the idea of the variety of English’s and consider English as an international language. The effectiveness of education depends on the way teachers are trained. In this article, the authors analyze English as a second, English as a foreign language teacher training programs, identify similar and distinctive features of the contents, and demonstrate ways to modernize the system of training teachers of English in the United States.
Applications of this study: This research can be used for the universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality of this study: In this research, the model of the Innovative approaches to teaching and learning English as Second and English as Foreign Language in Multilingual Education is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
- Ageyeva, A. V., Vassilyeva, V. N., & Galeyeva, G. I. (2015). Language situation in the Russian society at the start of the 19th century: Bilingualism or diglossia?. Journal of Language and Literature, 6(1), 322-326.
- Barreto, D. M., & Alturas, B. (2018). Quality-in-use app evaluation: case of a recruitment app for Portuguese SMEs. Quality-in-use app evaluation: case of a recruitment app for Portuguese SMEs, (1).
- Brody, J. (2003). A linguistic anthropological perspective on language and culture in the second language curriculum. Culture as the core: Perspectives on culture in second language learning, 37-52.
- Byram, M. (1994). Teaching-and-learning language-and-culture (Vol. 100). Multilingual matters.
- Damen, L., & Savignon, S. J. (1987). Culture learning: The fifth dimension in the language classroom (Vol. 11478). Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- De Brey, C., Musu, L., McFarland, J., Wilkinson-Flicker, S., Diliberti, M., Zhang, A., ... & Wang, X. (2019). Status and Trends in the Education of Racial and Ethnic Groups 2018. NCES 2019-038. National Center for Education Statistics.
- Duff, P. A., & Polio, C. G. (1990). How much foreign language is there in the foreign language classroom?. The modern language journal, 74(2), 154-166. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-4781.1990.tb02561.x
- Ingavale, D. (2013). An impact of advertisements on purchase decision of youth with reference to consumer goods. Advances in management, 3(1),18-22.
- Kang, S. Y. (2017). US-based teacher education program for ‘local’EIL teachers. Preparing teachers to teach English as an international language, 51-68. https://doi.org/10.21832/9781783097036-006
- Kearney, E. (2015). Intercultural learning in modern language education: Expanding meaning-making potentials (Vol. 28). Multilingual Matters. https://doi.org/10.21832/9781783094684
- Kondrateva, I. G. & Nazarova, M. V. (2015). Integration of science and language in teaching English, Journal of Language and Literature, 6(3), 2015.
- Kramsch, C. (1993). Context and culture in language teaching. Oxford University Press.
- Levine, G. S. (2011). Code choice in the language classroom. Multilingual Matters. https://doi.org/10.21832/9781847693341
- Lin, C.-L., & Chen, S.-J. (2018). THE INFLUENCE OF PRODUCT PRESENTATION MODE AND ACADEMIC MAJOR ON THE MOTIVATION OF HAPTIC. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 6(2), 21-26. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2018.623
- Merkibayev, T., Seisenbayeva, Z., Bekkozhanova, G., Koblanova, A., & Alikhankyzy, G. (2018). Oppositions in the conceptual and linguistic category of time. Opción, 34(85-2), 116-148.
- Muyambiri, B., & Chabaefe, N. N. (2018). The Finance–Growth Nexus in Botswana: A Multivariate Causal Linkage. Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 2(2), 03. https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/2634
- Parvizian, F., Ghojavand, K., & Niknejadi, F. (2015). Effectiveness of Emotional Intelligence on Emotional Alexithymia of Married Women Teachers in Yasuj City. UCT Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 3(1), 32-35.