Main Article Content
education, student, foreign language, test, testing, learning control
Purpose of the study: This article is devoted to the test form of control which is characterized by objective measurement of learning outcomes because they are guided by the objective empirical criteria.
Methodology: Method of structural analysis, content analysis method, scientific interpretation, and synthesis of specific factual materials were chosen as methods of our research.
Results: Test control of knowledge is effective only when a great effort is made by the teacher. The teacher should know how to choose the right tests and how to make them, as not every set of questions with answers to them can be called a test. The aim of this work is to identify the problems of using testing as a control form of foreign language learning and give guidelines for their solution.
Applications of this study: This research can be used for the universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality of this study: In this research, the model of the Problems of Testing Application in Foreign Language Learning Control is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
2. Ardakani, M. P., Lashkarian, A., & Sadeghzadeh, M. (2015). Words Without End: Translatability VS Untranslatability in TS Eliot’S Poem “Ash Wednesday”. UCT Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 3(1), 40-51.
3. Avazzadeh, E. (2015). The Effect of Corporate Governance Components on Dividend and Financing Policies. UCT Journal of Management and Accounting Studies, 3(2), 10-16.
4. Bayliss, A., & Ingram, D. E. (2006, May). IELTS as a predictor of academic language performance. In Australian International Education Conference (pp. 1-12).
5. Body, N. (2001). The revision of the IELTS speaking test. JALT Testing and Evaluation Newsletter, 5, 2, 2 - 4.
6. Bond, L. A. (1996). Norm-and Criterion-Referenced Testing. ERIC/AE Digest.
7. Breland, H., Lee, Y. W., Najarian, M., & Muraki, E. (2004). An analysis of TOEFL CBT writing prompt difficulty and comparability for different gender groups. ETS Research Report Series, 2004(1), i-54. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2333-8504.2004.tb01932.x
8. Bridgeman, B., McBride, A., & Monaghan, W. (2004). Testing and Time Limits. ETS R&D Connections. Educational Testing Service.
9. Chalhoub-Deville, M. (2001). Language testing and technology: past and future. Language learning & technology, 5(2), 95-98.
10. Chumarova, L. G. (2017). Folklore genres in foreign language teaching. Problems of modern pedagogical education, 56, 288 -294.
11. Commitee on Assessment and Evaluation in Education. (2005). The Knowledge Base for Assessment and Evaluation in Education. Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities; Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport; Rochschild Foundation (Yad Hanadiv).
12. Crocker, L., & Algina, J. (1986). Introduction to classical and modern test theory. Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, FL 32887.
13. Emmerich, W., Enright, M. K., Rock, D. A., & Tucker, C. (1991). The development, investigation, and evaluation of new item types for the GRE analytical measure. ETS Research Report Series, 1991(1), i-69. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2333-8504.1991.tb01382.x
14. Fomenko, T. M. (2008). French language. Tests as a form of control: a book for the teacher. - Moscow: Education, 2008. - 176 p.
15. Kane, M. (2010). Errors of Measurement, Theory, and Public Policy. William H. Angoff Memorial Lecture Series. Educational Testing Service.
16. Klimenchenko, A. D. & Mirolyubova A. A. (Ed). (1981). Theoretical foundations of methods of teaching foreign languages in the secondary school. Moscow: Pedagogy. 287 p.
17. Kolker, Y. M., Ustinova, E. S., & Ananieva, T. M. (2003). Practical methods of teaching a foreign language. Moscow: Academy, 189 p.
18. Koroleva, O. L., Pystina, N. V. (1986). Using testing in high school. Control in teaching foreign languages in secondary school: book. for teachers: from experience / Ed.-comp. V. A. Slobodchikov. - Moscow: Education, 264 p.
19. Kunnan, A. J. (Ed.). (2014). The Companion to Language Assessment: Evaluation, Methodology, and Interdisciplinary Themes. Wiley Blackwell. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118411360
20. Matandare, M. A. (2018). Botswana Unemployment Rate Trends by Gender: Relative Analysis with Upper Middle Income Southern African Countries (2000-2016). Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 2(2), 04. https://doi.org/10.20897/djfm/3837
21. Mayorov, A. N. (2001). Teoriya i praktika sozdaniya testov dlya sistemy obrazovaniya (Theory and practice of creating tests for the education system). Мoskow, Intellekt-centr Publ.
22. Melo, R., Bezerra, M. C., Dantas, J., Matos, R., de Melo Filho, I. J., Oliveira, A. S., ... & Maciel, P. R. M. (2017, June). Sensitivity analysis techniques applied in cloud computing environments. In 2017 12th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI) (pp. 1-7). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.23919/CISTI.2017.7975950
23. Passov, E. I. (1999). Communicative foreign language education. The concept of personality development in the dialogue of cultures, 68.
24. Rapoport, I., Selg, R., I. & Sotter, P. (1987). Tests in teaching foreign languages in the secondary school: a Handbook for teachers. - Tallinn: Valgus.
25. Shayakhmetova, D., & Chaklikova, A. (2018). Development of the intermediator of intercultural communication based on public argumentative speech. Opción, 34(85-2), 149-185.
26. Umpawan, T. (2018). DESIGN OF PROTOTYPE OF KRA ISTHMUS OTOP CENTER. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 6(2), 34-43. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2018.625