Purpose: the aim of the undertaken study is to consider the dynamics of the church-state relationship in the context of Russian new cultural tendencies at the turn of the century.
Methodology: Thus, The methodological basis of the research was formed by philosophical analysis of the church-state relationship, historicism and comparison principles. The following tasks were being solved: defining the interaction ways between the religious organizations and the state on the modern stage of the Russian society development; pointing out the prospects of consolidation of both the сhurch and the state around the democratic civil society fostering program in XXI century; revealing the need to promote respectful attitude towards human values as an integral part of spiritual culture.
Result: The authors achieved the following results within the study: A wider notions of church and state were introduced demonstrating the similarity of some of their functions: offering moral guidance for social well-being; historic doctrinal models “caesaropapism”, “papocaesarism” and “symphony(concordance) of powers” were identified and characterized alongside with their secular counterparts - separation and cooperation models of church-state relationship. In conclusion of the article the urgent need for the transition of church-state relationship from political to social and cultural spheres was justified.
Applications: This research can be used for the universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, the model of Socio-Cultural Interaction Forms of Church and State on the Example of the Russian Orthodox Church is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
- Akhmedov R.M. (2001). The State and Church in the Russian Society of XX Century: historic and legal research/ PhD Thesis (Law) – Kazan, 2001.-171pp.
- Bazhan T.A. (2000). The Oppositional Religiosity in Russia. Doctoral PhD Thesis (Philosophy– Мoscow, 2000.
- Bessonova L.A. (1998). Mysticism as a Cultural Phoenomenon//author’s abstract of Doctor of Science (Philosophy), Moscow, 1998 P. 3-6
- Eliade M. (1994). Sacred and Profane / Translated from French, foreword and comments by Garbovskiy N.K. – Moscow: MGH, 1994. – 144 pp.
- Fakhrutdinova A.V. (2015). The Role of Tradition in the Spiritual and Moral Development of a Citizen (Text)/ A.V. Fakhrutdinova , L.A. Vybornova // Educational Environment Today: Development Strategies: the Proceedings of II International Research and Practice Conference(Cheboksary, May29, 2015)/editorial board: O.N. Shirokov.- Cheboksary: “Interactiv Plus”, 2015.-P.143-145.- ISBN 978-5-906626-82-0.
- Frank S.L. (1992). The Spiritual Foundations of Society. – Moscow, 1992. – 511 pp.
- Ilyin I.A. (1995). Motherland and We. – Smolensk, 1995.- P.329
- Katin V.I. (2016). The Church and the State in Russia: Political Lessons and Conclusions// Bulletin of Saratov State Law Academy. State and Law. Legal Sciences, Vol.5.- 2016.-P.18-23
- Katin V.I. (2015). Typology of Relationship Between Church and State // Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Political Science. Religion Studies. Vol.13.- 2015.- P.181-185
- Khayrutdinov R.R. (2009). Anti-Religious Politicy in Tatarstan and Liquidation of Places of Worship in the Early Twenties of the XXcentury//Studies of Kazan State University, 2009. Vol. 151. Is.2.Part 2. Human Sciences. - P.175-182
- Kozlova Yu. B. (2000). The issues of Orthodox Impact on the Spiritual and Moral Processes in the Russian Society. - PhD Thesis (Philosophy) – Ufa, 2000.
- Mefodeva M.A., Fakhrutdinova A.V., Zakirova R.R. (2016). Moral Education in Russia and India: a Comparative Analysis. - Social Sciences 2016,11(15) P.3765-3769 ISSN:1818-5800
- Smelser, Neil (1998). Sociology: translated from English. - Moscow “Phoenix”,1998.-688pp.- ISBN 5-7113-0106-3
- Odintsov M.I. (1989). 7 Decades’ Way: From Confrontation to Cooperation: On the Way to Freedom of Conscience. – Moscow, 1989. - P.51-57
- Polosin V.S. (1993). ROC and the State (international, legal and political aspects, 1971-1991). PhD Thesis (Political Science) – Moscow, 1993. – 148 pp.
- Pospelovskiy D.V. (1995). The Russian Orthodox Church in XX Century – Moscow, 1995. – P. 106.
- Sidorov V.P. (1996). The Social and Political Doctrine of The Russian Orthodox Church. – PhD Thesis (Philosophy). - Saint-Petersburg, 1996.
- Stolyar A. (2001). State and Church: According to the Law and “As a Matter of Fact” // Domestic Notes. – 2001. – № 1
- Uspenskiy B.A. (1998). The Tzar and Patriarch: Charisma of Authority in Russia. Byzantine Model and Its Russian Rethinking. – Moscow, 1998. – 676 pp.
- Vasilieva O.Yu (1999). The Russian Orthodox Church in the Soviet State Policy in 1943-1948 .- Moscow.: RAS, 1999.- 212pp.
- Zenkovskiy V.V. (1996). The Basics of Christian Philosophy. – Moscow, 1996. – 560 pp.