Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. HSSR is a SHERPA ROMEO Green Journal.
STYLISTIC ASPECT OF TRANSLATION OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL VOCABULARY (ON THE MATERIAL OF ENGLISH AND TATAR LANGUAGES)
Corresponding Author(s) : Evgeniya V. Gutman
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 7 No. 6 (2019): November
political vocabulary on a material of English-language articles and their translation from English into Tatar.
Methodology: Methods and techniques used in the study: theoretical methods of analysis and synthesis, empirical methods including linguistic observation and selection of research data, which was examined in the light of comparative analysis, the methods of component, contextual and statistical analysis, the method of a solid sample of the actual material from the original texts.
Results: The main results of the article. An analysis of the vocabulary of English publications showed that the journalists using phraseological units, metaphors and metonymy and other lexical units to describe the current events. Comparative analysis showed that translators use the whole range of translation transformations in political vocabulary. The study of the stylistic aspect in translation of social and political matters from English into Tatar has a special theoretical and practical value because of the increasing role of the Tatar language in the social and political life of the Republic of Tatarstan and the necessity of taking urgent steps in this sphere.
Applications of this study: The materials of this article can be useful for students, master program undergraduates, post-graduate students while learning Tatar and English.
Novelty/Originality of this study: In this research, the model of the stylistic aspect of translation of social and political vocabulary (on the material of english and Tatar languages) is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Fakhrutdinova A.V., Salyakhov E.F., Zagidullina, V.M, Aleshina E.A. (2015). Small Business Capabilities for Employment // Asian Social Science, 2015 Vol. 11, No. 11 p 341-346. https://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v11n11p341 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v11n11p341
- Fedorov, A.V. (1968) Osnovy obshchei teorii perevoda. Moskva: 224
- Gimadeeva A.A., Nurmieva R.R. (2015). Lexical-semantic aspect of the concept "actions, behavior" (on the material of the Tatar and English phraseological units with the component-zoonym) // Journal of Sustainable Development, Vol. 8, No. 5, July 2015. P. 212-217. https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n5p212 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v8n5p212
- Hornby, A.S. (1995). Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. Oxford University Press: 1428.
- Humboldt, V. Fon (1984) О sravnitelnom izuchenii jazykov primenitelno k razlichnymepoham ih razvitija. Izbrannye trudy po jazykoznaniyu. – Moskva: 324.
- Lexical Semantics. (2006). The Linguistics Encyclopedia. London and New-York: Routledge., pp.531-535.
- Subbotina V.V. (2010) Pragmalingvisticheskii aspect perevoda obshchestvenno-politicheskih tekstov (na materiale angliiskogo I russkogo yazykov). Almata: 137
- Tumasheva, D.G. (1986) Tatarskii glagol. Opyt fuksionslno-semanticheskogo issledovaniya grammaticheskih kategorii: 189
- Yusupov, R.A. (2005) Voprosy perevoda, sopostavitelnoi tipologii I kultury rechi. Kazan: 383
- Abuya, E. J. (2012). A Pragma-Stylistic Analysis of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Inaugural Speech. English Language Teaching, 5(11), 8-15. https://doi.org/10.5539/elt.v5n11p8 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/elt.v5n11p8
- Baker, M. (2018). In other words: A coursebook on translation. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315619187 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315619187
- Morini, M. (2016). Jane Austen's narrative techniques: A stylistic and pragmatic analysis. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315590332 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315590332
- Galinsky, H. (1963). Stylistic Aspects of Linguistic Borrowing: A Stylistic and Comparative View of American Elements in Modern German, and British English. Jahrbuch für Amerikastudien, 98-135.
- Mills, S. (2002). Feminist stylistics. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203408735 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203408735
- Vinay, J. P., & Darbelnet, J. (1995). Comparative stylistics of French and English: A methodology for translation (Vol. 11). John Benjamins Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1075/btl.11 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1075/btl.11
- Carter, R. (2012). Vocabulary: Applied linguistic perspectives. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203124659 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203124659
- Boase-Beier, J. (2014). Stylistic approaches to translation. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315759456 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315759456
- Kartomi, M. J. (1981). The processes and results of musical culture contact: A discussion of terminology and concepts. Ethnomusicology, 25(2), 227-249. https://doi.org/10.2307/851273
- Kartomi, M. J. (1981). The processes and results of musical culture contact: A discussion of terminology and concepts. Ethnomusicology, 25(2), 227-249. https://doi.org/10.2307/851273 DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/851273
- Bradford, R. (2013). Stylistics. Routledge.
- Yeibo, E. (2011). Patterns of Lexical Choices and Stylistic Function in JP Clark-Bekederemo's Poetry. International Journal of English Linguistics, 1(1), 137. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijel.v1n1p137 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/ijel.v1n1p137
- Diez–Arroyo, M. (2016). English words as euphemisms in Spanish fashion: Anglicisms, a persuasive stylistic strategy in Spanish fashion magazines. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0266078416000043 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0266078416000043