Purpose: The present article deals with the search for effective solutions to the modern problems of organizing state and municipal control (supervision) in the Russian Federation.
Methodology: The presented paper is based on data formulated in doctrinal and legislative sources of Russia and foreign countries. The methodological basis of this study consists of the methods of analysis, synthesis, and comparative law.
Result: The article examines the features of the control measures concerning business entities engaged in the implementation and production of food. It suggests possible ways of improving the procedure for conducting inspections. One of these ways, in the authors’ judgment, is the introduction of an additional tool that strengthens the evidence base and deters unscrupulous business entities to escape from punishment. The authors substantiate the conclusion that a key factor in the success of control and supervisory activities at the international level is to increase the orientation of the control bodies towards the achievement of the final socially significant results. Stouffer, K., & Falco, J. (2006)
Applications: This research can be used for universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality: In this research, the model On Some Features of the State control (Supervision) Implementation in the Field of Food Products Safety and Quality Provision is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
- Federal Law 294- (2008). ФЗ of December 26, 2008 “On Protection of the Rights of Legal Entities and Individual Entrepreneurs in the Implementation of State Control (Supervision) and Municipal Control” // Collected Legislation of the Russian Federation of December 29, 2008 №52 (Part I) Article 6249
- Federal Law of December 31, (2014). № 532-ФЗ “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation in Respect to the Circulation of Falsified, Counterfeit, Poor-Quality and Unregistered Medicinal Products, Medical Products and Counterfeit Dietary Supplements” // Collected Legislation of the Russian Federation of January 5, 2015 № 1 (Part I) Article 85.
- Federal Law of November 21, (2001). № 323-ФЗ “On the basis of protection of public health in the Russian Federation” // Meeting of the legislation of the Russian Federation of November 28, 2011 № 48 Article 6724
- Hoffmann S. (2018). Ensuring Food Safety around the Globe: The Many Roles of Risk Analysis From Risk Ranking to Microbial Risk Assessment// Risk Analysis Volume 30, Issue 5, pages 711–714. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2010.01437.x
- Lofstedt R. (2018). Communicating Food Risks in an Era of Growing Public Distrust: Three Case Studies// Risk Analysis Volume 33, Issue 2, pages 192–202. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2011.01722.x
- Nikitina T.I., Nikitin A.A. (2017). Modernization of health of system in the context of national security of Russia//Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues. Volume 19, Special Issue. Р.1-6.
- OECD (2014). Boosting Resilience through Innovative Risk Governance, OECD Publishing, Paris. Available: DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/9789264209114-en. https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264209114-en
- The Constitution of the Russian Federation (1993). (adopted by nation-wide voting on December 12, 1993) // Russian newspaper of December 25, 1993, № 237;
- Trienekens, J., & Zuurbier, P. (2008). Quality and safety standards in the food industry, developments and challenges. International Journal of Production Economics, 113(1), 107-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2007.02.050
- Cen, H., & He, Y. (2007). Theory and application of near infrared reflectance spectroscopy in determination of food quality. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 18(2), 72-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2006.09.003
- Wang, N., Zhang, N., & Wang, M. (2006). Wireless sensors in agriculture and food industry—Recent development and future perspective. Computers and electronics in agriculture, 50(1), 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2005.09.003
- Liu, P. (2010). Tracing and periodizing China's food safety regulation: A study on China's food safety regime change. Regulation & Governance, 4(2), 244-260. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-5991.2010.01078.x
- Feng, Y. Z., & Sun, D. W. (2012). Application of hyperspectral imaging in food safety inspection and control: a review. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition, 52(11), 1039-1058. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2011.651542
- Knowles, T. (2001). Trends in food safety: implications for European hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 13(4), 176-182. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596110110389467
- Stouffer, K., & Falco, J. (2006). Guide to supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and industrial control systems security.
- Lásztity, R., Petró-Turza, M., & Földesi, T. (2009). History of food quality standards. Food Quality And Standards-Volume I, 10, 62.
- Hu, D., Reardon, T., Rozelle, S., Timmer, P., & Wang, H. (2004). The emergence of supermarkets with Chinese characteristics: challenges and opportunities for China's agricultural development. Development Policy Review, 22(5), 557-586. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-7679.2004.00265.x
- Broughton, E. I., & Walker, D. G. (2010). Policies and practices for aquaculture food safety in China. Food Policy, 35(5), 471-478. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodpol.2010.05.007
- Hubbard, M. R. (2012). Statistical quality control for the food industry. Springer Science & Business Media.