Main Article Content
self-education, self-directed learning, lifelong learning, historical aspects
Purpose of the study: The problems of the self-education of the person, the organization of his/her self-directed activity have deep historical roots and considered to be one of those pedagogical problems that have remained relevant regardless of certain historical conditions, being the focus of researchers for almost a century and a half. The authors have analyzed the concept of self-directed learning in Russian and foreign pedagogy, introduced the formation of self-education in domestic and foreign pedagogical science and identified the essential characteristics of self-education in different historical periods.
Methodology: Our study is based on the theoretical research method – the analysis of foreign and national philosophical, historical, pedagogical literature on a problem; analysis and generalization of modern pedagogical experience; the method of the unity of historical and logical consideration of pedagogical phenomena.
Results: The historical retrospective of processes of formation of self-education presented in the context of social development shows that essential characteristics of self-education are caused by a set of historical, economic, political and social factors including the entire logic of development of education in general. The author defines the essence of self-education in the context of a new paradigm of development of education – Life-Long Learning.
Applications of this study: This research can be used for the universities, teachers, and students.
Novelty/Originality of this study: In this research, the model of the Formation of the Concept of Self-Education in the History of Russian and Foreign Pedagogy is presented in a comprehensive and complete manner.
2. Ajzenberg, A. YA. (1986). Samoobrazovanie: istoriya,teoriya i sovremennye problemy: ucheb. posob. dlya vuzov. M.: Vysshaya shkola, 126 s.
3. Bologna Working Group on Qualifications Frameworks. (2005). A Framework for Qualifications of the European Higher Education Area. Bredgade: Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Retrieved from http://www.socio.msu.ru/documents/umo/bologne/A%20Framework%20for%20Qualifi cations%20of%20the%20European%20Higher%20Educat.pdf
4. Dewey, J. (1916). Education and Democracy. New York, р. 51.
5. Disterweg A. (1956). Izbrannie pedagogicheskie sochineniya. M: Uchpedgiz.
6. Fakhrutdinova, A., Kondrateva, I. (2016). Contemporary tendencies of social tutoring in period of multiculturalism: moral characteristic. Man, in India, 96 (3): 853-858.
7. Gamarra, M., Zurek, E., & San-Juan, H. (2018). Addendum for: A Study of Image Analysis Algorithms for Segmentation, Feature Extraction and Classification of Cells. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 3(1), 05. https://doi.org/10.20897/jisem.201805
8. Kapterev, P. F. (1982). Izbrannye pedagogicheskie sochineniya. M.: Pedagogika. 698 s.
9. Kareev, N. A. (1909). Idealy obshchego obrazovaniya. SPb., 128 s.
10. Krupskaya, N. K. (1978). Pedagogicheskie sochineniya: V 6 t. T. 2 / pod red. A.M. Arsen'eva i dr. M.: Pedagogika, 452 s.
11. Lobão, J., & Pereira, C. (2016). Looking for Psychological Barriers in nine European Stock Market Indices. Dutch Journal of Finance and Management, 1(1), 39. https://doi.org/10.20897/lectito.201639
12. Lomonosov, M. V. (1952). Kratkoe rukovodstvo k krasnorechiyu. M: AN USSR.
13. Muhametzyanova, G. V. (2008). Professional education: systemic approach to the problem. Kazan: Idel-Press.
14. Oleynikova, O. N. (2009). The Bologna process and compatibility of curricula, diplomas and qualifications of higher education. Vestnik MGOU. Seriya «Psikhologicheskie nauki». M.: Izd-vo MGOU. 3, 13-25.
15. Piskunov, A. I. (2007). Istoriya pedagogiki i obrazovaniya. M: Sfera.
16. Rubakin, N. A. (1914). Praktika samoobrazovaniya. M: Nauka. p.173.
17. Sagitova, R. R. (2011). Formation of self-education competence of higher school students in studying of the humanities disciplines. Institute of Education and Psychology of Professional Education, Kazan, Russia.
18. Schlechty, Ph. C. (1990). Schools for the 21-st century. Leadership imperatives for educational reform. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
19. Serikov, G. N. (1991). Samoobrazovanie: sovershenstvovanie podgotovki studentov. Irkutsk: Izd-vo Irkut. un-ta, 232 s.
20. Taubaye, Z., Rivers, W., Mussabekova, U., & Alimbayeva, A. (2018). Peculiarities and problems of eponyms (on the material of Kazakhstani periodicals). Opción, 34(85-2), 221-236.
21. Tregubova, T. (2009). “Social-Pedagogic Escort as a Factor of Developing the Academician Mobility of Students in Terms of International Educational Integration.” Vestnik of Moscow State Regional University 3. 50-56.
22. Ushinskij, K. D. (1974). Izbrannye pedagogicheskie sochineniya / Pod red. A.I. Piskunova. T. 1: Teoreticheskie problemy pedagogiki. M.: Pedagogika, 584 s.
23. Vahterov, V. P. (1987). Izbrannye pedagogicheskie sochineniya. M.: Pedagogika. 400 s.
24. Varlamova, E. V, Tulusina, E. A, Zaripova, Z. M, & Gataullina, V. L. (2016). Lexical, semantic and culturological approaches to the teaching of a second language. Analele Universitatii din Craiova - Seria Stiinte Filologice, Lingvistica, 38(1-2), 273-283.
25. Widiastuti, T., Mawardi, I., Robani, A., & Rusydiana, A. S. (2018). OPTIMIZATION OF ZAKAT FUND MANAGEMENT IN REGIONAL ZAKAT INSTITUTION. Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 6(2), 133-139. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2018.6217
26. Zare, Z. (2015). The benefits of e-business adoption: an empirical study of Iranian SMEs. UCT Journal of Management and Accounting Studies, 3(1), 6-11.