Main Article Content
Purpose: Social media has been used by the government to disseminate information to the public. As we know that the transformation of organization have a several aspect which are related within values, behaviour knowledge, organization culture and mindset of the employee it self. This research aim to investigate the social media infomation through out the public policy.
Methodology: The research question is how the government can be able to use social media to know the main point in the data that crowded. This research using mix method of gathering the data analysis within the quantitative and qualitative method. Gephy is the one of application that was using in this research for analyzing the integrated system each department by social media especially on Facebook.
Main Findings: The research result is the part of facebook analysis has found that government organization has a 40%. For the partition of Community Service is 20%. For the Public & Government Service has a 20% because Bangga Surabaya just received the information comes from Sapawarga Kota Surabaya. As well as the Media/News Company namely with Kabar Surabaya pages that has 20%.
Implications: The conclusion is, on the one hand, the subjective government of Surabaya has made efforts to be able to carry out the collectivity of information received through social media where this will also help the government's performance in providing services to the community.
Novelty: this research describes the government practice and implementation on social media to increase their performance and make social media beneficially as the new tool to communicate with the public.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJMIER is SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
- Bloch, C., & Bugge, M. (2013). Public Sector Innovation: From Theory ToMeasurement. Structural Change And Economic Dynamics, 133-145.
- Brabham, D. (2008). Crowdsourcing As A Model For Problem Solving An Introduction And Cases. Convergence: The International Journal Of Research Into New Media Technologies, 14(1), 75-90.
- Brabham, D. (2015). Crowdsourcing In The Public Sector. Washington: Georgetown University Press.
- Chadwick, A., & Philip, H. (2009). Handbook Of Internet Politics. London: Routledge.
- Chun, S. A., Shulman, S., Randoval, R., & Hovy, E. (2010). Government 2.0: Maki8ng Connections Between Citizens, Data And Government. Information Polity, Ios Press, 15(1), 1-9.
- De Paula, N., Dincelli, E., & Harrison, T. M. (2018). Toward A Typology Of Government Social Media Communication: Democratic Goals, Symbolic Acts And Self Presentation. Government Information Quarterly, 35(1), 98-108.
- Duhamel, F., Martinez, I. G., Vela, S. P., & Luna-Reyes, L. F. (2014). It Outsourcing In The Public Sector: A Conceptual Model. Transforming Government: People. Process And Policy, 8(1), 11-12.
- Dorward, A., Kydd, J. M., & Poulton. (2005). Institutions, Markets And Economic Co-Ordination: Linking Developmnet Policy To Theory And Praxis. Development And Change, 36(1), 1-25.
- Effendi, S., & Tukiran. (2014). Metode Penelitian Survei. Jakarta: Lp3es.
- Estelles- Arolas, E., & Gonzalez-Ladron, F. -D.-G. (2012). Towards An Integrated Crowdsourcing Definition. Journal Of Information Science, 38(2), 189-200.
- Esterina, L. (2018, Januari 5). Pemerintah Kotasurabaya Menjadi Tuan Rumah Bagi Pemerintah Daerah Dalam Kunjungan Pengaplikasian Media Social. Retrieved Februari 8, 2018, From Liputan6.Com: Http://Liputan6.Com/Pages/Infomation/Tuanrumah/Ruangguru/Media.Ocndljand-
- F. -Y. Wang Et Al.,. (2007). Social Computing: From Social Informatics To Social Intelligence. Ieee Intelligent Systems, 22(2), 79-83.
- Fountain, J. (2001). Building The Virtual State: Information Technology And Institutional Change,. Washington Dc: Brookings Institutional Press.
- Gao , H., & Goolsby, R. (2011). Harnessing The Crowdsourcing Power Of Social Media For Disaster Relief. Ieee Intelligent Systems, 26(3), 10-14.
- Grafton, C. (2003). “Shadow Theories” In Fountain's Theory Of Technology Enactment . Social Science Computer Review.
- Haelein, K. &. (2010). User Of The World, Unite! The Challenges And Opportunities Of Social Media. Business Horizon 53, 59-68.
- Kholid, A., Husein, R., Mutiarin, D., & E.R, S. L. (2015). The Influence Of Social Media Towards Student Political Participation During The 2014 Indonesian Presidential Election. Jurnal Studi Pemerintahan: Journal Of Government And Politics, 6(2).
- Kieser, A., & Leiner , L. (2009). Why The Rigour Relevance Gap In Management Research Is Unbridgeable. Journal Of Management Studies (46)3, 516-533.
- Lenart-Gannsiniee, R. (2017). Factors Influencing Decisions About Crowdsourcing In The Public Sector: A Literature Review. Acta Universitatis Agriculturae Et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, 65(6).
- Luhmann, N. (2003). Organization Autopoietic Organization Theory: Social Systems Perspective. Norway: Copenhagen Business School Press.
- Regina , L., & Gansiniec. (2017). Factors Influencing Decisions About Crowdsourcing In The Public Sectors. Acta Universitatis Agriculturae Et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis.
- Sugiono. (2008). Metode Penelitian Kunatitatif Kualitatif Dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.