Purpose of the study: This paper analyses the prominent movements that have been significantly influenced by Foucauldian conceptions particularly power relations and knowledge. This paper focuses on two critical movements namely Historical movement and Cultural materialism movement.
Methodology: This is a review paper and largely based on secondary data analysis. Foucault's ideas influenced some movements such as New Historicism and Cultural Materialism. I will discuss how Foucault was inspired and influenced by some thinkers like Nietzsche. So, the present appears to be the issue to be studied historically. This point of view led to the rise of some movements, which are focusing on present issues and problems.
Main Findings: The current study shows firstly that the German philosopher Michel Foucault has a great influence on many literary movements particular the new one such as Cultural materialism and new Historicism and so on. Secondly, it appears Foucault's inspiration by some thinkers and philosophers like Louis Althusser, Nietzsche, and Machiavelli.
Applications of this study: Foucault has an impact on the other movements and thinkers in which many types of research in contemporary age deal with issues that Foucault involves in his works, such as social, political and economic issues. One of the materials that Foucault focusing it, the significance of past and relate to the present.
Novelty/Originality of this study: The reader can feel the obvious influence of Michel's writings through a variety of features of Althusser and Nietzsche particularly Foucault regarded Nietzsche's idea as the departure point for his power theory.
- Anike, H. O. O., Okafor, C. N., & Udejinta, N. B. (2017). The role of public enterprises in economic development in Nigeria. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 4(2), 179-189. Retrieved from https://sloap.org/journals/index.php/irjmis/article/view/459
- Astawa, D. N. W. (2019). Influence of mind mapping method implementation on learning results social science is required from students’ interest. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(3), 94-100. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n3.637
- Bertens, Hans. (2017). Literary theory: The Basics. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203488836
- Dewi, I. A. M. C., Sari, M. M. R., Budiasih, I., &Suprasto, H. B. (2019). Free cash flow effect towards firm value. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(3), 108-116. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n3.643
- Dr. P.S. Venkateswaran, Dr. A. Sabarirajan, S. Suman Rajest And R. Regin (2019) “The Theory of the Postmodernism in Consumerism, Mass Culture and Globalization” in The Journal of Research on the Lepidoptera Volume 50 (4): 97-113. https://doi.org/10.36872/LEPI/V50I4/201075
- Fogel, T. B., Lucky, S. S., Mandy, J. A., &Wellbirth, B. B. (2019). Reducing the PDEs to ODEs through lie vectors using the integrated factors. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(5), 193-203. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n5.732
- Foucault, Michel. (1990). The history of sexuality: An Introduction. Vintage.
- Foucault, Michel. (2012). Discipline and Punish: The birth of the prison. Vintage.
- Foucault, Michel. (2013). Archaeology of knowledge. Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203604168
- Ha Harpham, Geoffrey Galt. (1988). Foucault and the new historicism. American Literary History 3.2 (1991): 360-375.man, Chris. The fire last time: 1968 and after.https://doi.org/10.1093/alh/3.2.360
- Haldorai, A. Ramu, and S. Murugan (2019). Social Relationship Ranking on the Smart Internet. Computing and Communication Systems in Urban Development, pp. 141–159. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26013-2_7
- K Koizumi, Yoshiyuk. (2017). The Theory and History of the Subject and Domination of the Self and Others: From Althusser to Foucault. Institute for Research in Humanities Kyoto University.
- Kendall, Gavin, and Gary Wickham. (1999). Using Foucault's methods, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9780857020239
- Kojiro, Fujita. (2013). Force and knowledge: Foucault’s reading of Nietzsche. Foucault Studies 16:116-133. https://doi.org/10.22439/fs.v0i16.4120
- Lacewing, Michael. "Nietzsche on eternal return." Text available through Routledge/Taylor&FrancisGroup.http://documents.routledgeInteractive.s3.amazonaws.com
- Mills, Sara. (2003). Routledge Critical Thinkers: Michel Foucault. Abingdon: Routledge. Print. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203380437
- Mora, MM, Espinosa, MR, & Delgado, MR (2018). Approach of Processes for the Distribution of Economic Resources in Public University of Ecuador. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 5 (1), 25-35. Retrieved from https://sloap.org/journals/index.php/irjmis/article/view/27
- Ryan, Kiernan. (1996).New Historicism and Cultural Materialism.
- Sari, I. G. A. D. I., & Dwirandra, A. (2019). The ability of organization commitment and moderate worked motivation by the effect of budget goal clarity in budgetary inaccuracy. International Research Journal of Management, IT and Social Sciences, 6(3), 11-17. https://doi.org/10.21744/irjmis.v6n3.622
- Suman Rajest S, Dr. P. Suresh (2019). The Dialog on Postmodernism Intertextuality, Parody, The Talk Of History And The Issue Of Reference. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, Volume-7, Page No.: 244-7.
- Suman Rajest S, Dr. P. Suresh (2017), “Galapagos: Is Human Accomplishment Worthwhile. Online International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Volume: VII, Page No.: 307-314.
- Suman Rajest S, Dr. P. Suresh (2018). Confrontation on Modernism or Postmodernism Changes after the World War” in New Academia: An International Journal of English Language, Literature and Literary Theory, Volume: VII, Page No.: 50-76.
- Suman Rajest S, Dr. P. Suresh(2018). Themes and Techniques from Modernism to Postmodernism: The Dubious Continuance of Gravity’s Rainbow. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume: 119, Page No.: 2373-2384.