Purpose of the study: The purpose of this research is to analyze the characteristics of urban communities in the disaster response area to tackle floods.
Methodology: In principle, this study uses an approach based on qualitative research. The area that is the background of this study includes the Cawang Village area which is prone to flooding. Sources of data in this study were interviewees who were community leaders who had lived for more than 20 years and local RT/RW devices.
Main Findings: From the results of the research obtained, based on the experience of the residents, two of the largest outflows of capital were obtained, namely social capital and human capital, while the least capital outflows were natural capital.
Applications of this study: The characteristics of urban communities in the disaster response area are kelurahan cawang, East Jakarta, and dki Jakarta.
Novelty/Originality of this study: There are 2 capital components of SLA which are human capital and social capital. While the natural capital component is the lowest compared to the others, are physical capital and financial capital; and have a good early warning system with the existence of a communication network from BPBD to RT, RW, and PB2M.
- Arcala Hall, R. (2008). Civil-military cooperation in international disaster response: the Japanese Self-Defense Forces’ deployment in Aceh, Indonesia. The Korean Journal of Defense Analysis, 20(4), 383–400. https://doi.org/10.1080/10163270802507310
- Beder, S. (1996). The nature of sustainable development. Scribe Publications Newham. https://doi.org/10.7205/MILMED.171.1S.12
- Chretien, J.-P., Glass, J. S., Coldren, R. C., Noah, D. L., Hyer, R. N., Gaydos, J. C., & Malone, J. L. (2006). Department of defense global emerging infections surveillance and response system Indian Ocean tsunami response. Military Medicine, 171(suppl_1), 12–14.
- Goodwin, N. R. (2003). Five kinds of capital: Useful concepts for sustainable development.
- Hörnqvist, M. (2004). Risk assessments and public order disturbances: new European guidelines for the use of force? Journal of Scandinavian Studies in Criminology and Crime Prevention, 5(1), 4–26. https://doi.org/10.1080/14043850410033699
- Laksmana, E. A. (2010). The Indonesian defense forces and disaster relief: potential pitfalls and challenges. https://doi.org/10.1355/9789814345491-009
- Obrist, B., Pfeiffer, C., & Henley, R. (2010). Multi‐layered social resilience: A new approach to mitigation research. Progress in Development Studies, 10(4), 283–293. https://doi.org/10.1177/146499340901000402
- Omer, H. (2001). Helping parents deal with children’s acute disciplinary problems without escalation: The principle of nonviolent resistance. Family Process, 40(1), 53–66. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1545-5300.2001.4010100053.x
- Osbahr, H., Twyman, C., Adger, W. N., & Thomas, D. S. G. (2008). Effective livelihood adaptation to climate change disturbance: scale dimensions of practice in Mozambique. Geoforum, 39(6), 1951–1964. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoforum.2008.07.010
- Parkin, S. (2000). Sustainable development: the concept and the practical challenge. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil. https://doi.org/10.1680/cien.2000.138.6.3
- Engineers-Civil Engineering, 138(6), 3–8. Thomas Telford Ltd.
- Pascasarjana, S. (2017). Pendugaan debit aliran memanfaatkan radar cuaca dan model hidrologi di das ciliwung hulu (kasus stasiun katulampa) ali wardhana.
- Puspito Sari, D. A., Listiyowati, I., Nefianto, T., & Lasmono. (2018). The Discrepancy between the Programs and Disaster Management Policy in Klapanunggal District, Bogor, West Java. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 135(1). https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/135/1/012011
- Republik Indonesia. (2002). Undang-Undang Republik Indonesia Nomor 3 Tahun 2002 Tentang Pertahanan Negara.
- Republik Indonesia. (2007). Undang-Undang Republik Indonesia Nomor 24 Tahun 2007 Tentang Penanggulangan Bencana.
- Rusdiana, O. (2003). Hubungan kerjasama institusi dalam pengelolaan daerah aliran sungai : kasus DAS Ciliwung. Fakultas Kehutanan, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
- Sakethi, M. (2010). Pengendalian Banjir Pemerintah Provinsi DKI Jakarta. Jakarta.
- Sari, D. A.P., Innaqa, S., & Safrilah. (2017). Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Mapping for Landslides Risk Analysis using Geographic Information System (GIS). IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 209(1). https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/209/1/012106
- Sari, D.A.P., Ramadhonah, R. Y., Innaqa, S., Sugiana, A., Irawan, D. E., Ratnadewi, … Harmanto, D. (2018). Obstacle and driving factors of Ciliwung river revitalization and community acceptance of the new land use. International Journal of Engineering and Technology(UAE), 7(2.14 Special Issue 14), 256–259.
- Sari, Deffi Ayu Puspito, Madonna, S., & Fitriani, A. (2018). Environmental Health Evaluation for Jatinegara Apartment from the Perception of Kampung Pulo Displaced People. 7, 224–228. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocs.12132
- Sari, Deffi Ayu Puspito, Malahayati, M., Nefianto, T., & Kertawidana, I. (2018). Disaster Early Warning and Information Services Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency’s Employees Performance Observed from their Motivation and Competency. International Journal of Multi-Discipline Science (IJ-MDS), 1(2), 129–136. https://doi.org/10.26737/ij-mds.v1i1.430
- Sukma, R. (2010). Indonesia’s Security Outlook, Defence Policy, and Regional Cooperation. Asia Pacific Countries’ Security Outlook and Its Implications for the Defense Sector, 5, 3–24.
- Twigg, J. (2009). Sustainable Livelihoods Approaches.
- Veleva, V., Hart, M., Greiner, T., & Crumbley, C. (2001). Indicators of sustainable production. Journal of Cleaner Production, 9(5), 447–452. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-6526(01)00004-X