CYBER CRIMES: A THREAT TO HUMANITY
Corresponding Author(s) : Dr. Shrish Kumar Tiwari
Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews,
Vol. 2 No. 1 (2014)
Good and bad has co-existence since the beginning of the world. Where first one comprises all things which are essential for wellbeing of all whereas other ones connotes negativity. Unfortunately technology cannot be mention as an exception of this rule. The internet and its technologies has opened up many opportunities for all countries to develop their economies. On one hand our scientist, technocrats are using this advanced stream of science for betterment of all and to make India self-dependent and secure from attack of our enemies while on the other hand a very well structured groups (Independent or Nation sponsored) are also using these technologies as a tool to make INDIA weak and helpless.
Cyber criminals perform various acts like cyber stalking, on-line harassment, on-line defamation, hacking, and so forth collectively we call it cybercrime. When these activities are managed by organized group systematically and deliberately we term it as CYBER TERRORISM. Cyber terrorism is a well-planned and organized use of technologies by cyber experts resides inside and outside the country for anti-national activities. Although our government is well capable to fight against such challenges it requires support, awareness and alertness from people.
This paper highlights some of the basics of cyber terrorism. This paper further discusses about the threats of cyber terrorism and the present status of various cybercrimes in India. This paper aims at creating awareness on cybercrime and suggests check on cybercrime.
- http://www.ncsl.org/research/telecommunications-and-information-technology/cyberstalking-andcyberharassment-laws.aspx (Dec 5,2013)
- Chip Magazine. „Special Edition‟. Mumbai
- Official Website of NASSCOM
- Cyber Crime Cell, Mumbai PHISHING.mht
- Kumar Abhay, Information Security Policy & Regulation Issues
- Sharma K.K., Responsive Administration of the criminal justice system in India, special number on Towards Good Governance: initiatives in India, Prentice- hall of India, New Delhi
- Sharma Vakul, E-governanace & Information Technology Act ,2000(book name is Information Technology Law and Practice cyber law & e-commerce) Universal law publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- www.allvoices.com/...india...check-cyber-terrorism/stories - United States
- “INDIA NOT READY FOR CYBERWAR” Business Standard (Lucknow edition) February 4th, 2010, pg.11.
- “ Moiley for special law to tackle cybercrimes” business standard (lucknow edition) February 1st,2010,pg.6